Sep 21, 2016

An Afternoon at the Pumpkin Patch



This weekend Ryan was out of town so my sweet sister Brooke & my mom (Nanny with 3 exclamation marks if Navy is saying it ;) spent the weekend with us. There's just nothing like having family come out and visit at our new place, especially as we're still processing moving away from so much and so many that we loved. 

We explored our town, ate out, took long country drives, watched lots of movies and smiled constantly at Navy being a big girl all weekend...conversations a'plenty, the start of potty training, SO many bubble baths, gymnastics all over the house and the sweetest little toddler sentences taking all of us off guard at the cutest moments. 

We wrapped up the weekend with a visit to a local pumpkin patch and had the BEST time. There's just something about watching a toddler take in the wonder of a new experience; relishing the sights, sounds, textures and newness. Sure forces you to slow down and focus on being present. Hard to do feeling as very pregnant and tired as I do while running after my wild little girl, but am I ever grateful when I manage to. Always seems to feel like the most peaceful pause in the midst of chaos and a moment of total clarity towards what really matters. 

Doing my best to soak up this precious time with her as my only. Baby sister will be here in a month or so and I know the greatest new adventure awaits us. Still, I can't help but feel a bit wistful and emotional over closing this chapter with her as our only. Her joining our family and showing us the unparalleled joy that parenting can bring....well, adequate words escape me. I'm just so incredibly grateful and humbled ..... and tired ;)....but more than anything, so. beyond. grateful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.