Mar 30, 2013

Sunrises, sunsets..

Morning sunrise over the pond near our home. 
Ryan climbing a tree near our home, as the sun set one evening last week. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the amount of sunrises and sunsets we keep catching with this pup in our lives. But consistently, I find myself whipping out my phone to snap a pic thinking 'wow, it's gorgeous out!' I guess I'm just starting to really realize how beautiful the morning and evening skies can be. there's something about the landscape when the light is that low. everything reflects in that nuanced and subdued glimmer. you see just clearly enough to keep putting one foot in front of the other, while regarding the brilliant skyline. no need to see anything else. 

for me, both are sweet spots in the day. the morning represents the untapped potential of the day, a fresh start, a time to enjoy silence and to prepare. the evening, well it's more about comfort. no matter what happened that day, I'm still there....breathing. walking. reflecting. pup and husband in hand, we're walking the day off. the good, the bad, the in-between...we enjoyed, endured or simply existed under the rays of a higher, brighter light that day. 

when the sun hangs there, suspended in it's fresh start or goodnight serenade, it feels like a reprieve. those increasingly essential pauses in my day that nurture my soul. 

1 comment:

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.