Mar 11, 2014

celebrating one month in our new home with some happy kitchen art!

I honestly can't believe it's already been one month (!!). Like where does the time go? I blinked, and a month flew by! So, here I find myself. One month of dwelling in this new space of ours and loving it. To celebrate, we decided to finally hang some pictures over the weekend. Most of the rooms are sparsely furnished at this point so that's good! We've refrained from hanging anything on the walls up until now though, since we wanted to live in the space a bit before moving in any particular direction. 

When I saw these prints at Ikea the other day, I knew they would be perfect somewhere near our kitchen. They totally put a  smile on my face and get me excited about cooking in my kitchen. They're fun and that's what I was looking for. Of course I saw them on display and fell in love only to find out they were out of stock. Bummer. So I had to wait a couple days until the new shipment arrived. 

While I waited, I thought a bit about where I wanted them and decided on the little hallway wall that enters the kitchen from the recessed garage door/powder room area. Its a cute spot for them since they can be seen through the stair  rails as you enter the living room on the other side, as well as from the living room itself. 


All in all, I'm very pleased. Happy kitchen art feels like a great place to start making this space more our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.