Feb 2, 2013

Musing...

So the Christmas break, followed by the get-back-to-regular-life rush has definitely caught up with us again this year. It's been a bit of a whirlwind establishing normalcy around here. but then again, it's always something, isn't it? Just when you think things should calm down because something is over and done with, something else pops up. thats just life, and deep in my heart, I know its the best way. Moving forward versus sitting still, even if sometimes you don't know what to expect from the future or you feel like you could really use a breather. I'm going to work on getting better about embracing this important fact.

A while ago, I bought my mom one of those quotable fridge magnets. Probably should have bought it for myself too :) It reads something like this:

Peace is not the absence of worry, busyness and chaos, but the ability to remain 
calm in the midst of all those things.

All this philosophical babble on a Saturday morning? whaaaat's going on around here? I'll stop soon I promise. 

All I'm trying to say is that life is busy sometimes. sometimes it doesn't resemble my life because of change and because of challenging opportunities that encourage personal growth. and so what? Doesn't mean I should get all self-pittying, woe-is-me, welcome to funk-town on myself. that's a place where I temporarily forget the very essence of who I am, what I'm great at and why my life is so awesome. and that's not a place I feel like voluntarily visiting that much anymore. 

I know I'm way behind on setting intentions for the new year, but I'm still going to go ahead and make one large, over arching intention. This year, I hope to live more presently. I hope to spend a little less time in my own head thinking about the future and about unknowns. Instead, I want to be grateful for every single thing I have right here, right now. I want to be peaceful, productive and rooted in each moment, and let the future arrive at my doorstep when it does. I have a feeling that if I'm practicing being present, chances are, I won't notice the uncertainty and newness of the future even it snuck up and tried to scare me. because by the time the future arrives in my present moment, we'll already be fast friends. 

musing, adjourned. thanks for listening :)

Here are a few pics to catch us up over the last couple of weeks...

Snowy downtown streets in January ~ A weekend trip to Vegas for Ryan's work's annual manager's retreat ~ Another daily reminder that Memphis might just be the cutest cat alive ~ a sunset that took my breath away ~

Aaaaaaaand, we got a puppy! His name is Lincoln, he is 4 months old, and he is an Irish Woflhound. We've been waiting a long time to get a dog, and felt like now was the time and this was the puppy. He is a lovely, calm and gentle boy and already he's adjusting well to life in our family. 
Many, many pictures to come :)

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute carli!!!!! i just want to squish his face! haha..Kobi and Lincoln need another play date soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.