Dec 18, 2013

Our Weekend


This past weekend was a whirlwind! Things started with a Saturday morning check in at our hotel downtown. We decided that since we had a Christmas party downtown (at the Paliser, so fancy … and shame on me I didn't get any pics of us all gussied up. super sad face), we would spend the night downtown and head to one of our family Christmas get togethers the next day straight from our hotel. And wouldn't you know it, that stay in our favourite hotel was exactly what the doctor ordered. We visited the hotel pool and hot tub, enjoyed lunch with friends, our Christmas party that evening and a scrumptious brunch the next morning. Sleep? There was plenty. And you better believe we watched movie in bed on Sunday morning for good measure. I must remember to never underestimate the power of a little getaway. Like a refresh button for the soul. 


On Sunday afternoon we had a Christmas get together for my dad's side of the family. Always so nice to catch up with family over the holidays! Regrettably, I didn't get pictures of everyone in attendance and lots of the pictures I did take didn't turn out (iPhone + bad lighting = no beuno). But that's ok. Many sweet memories were still made this weekend, even if my camera work proved futile :)

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I used to book ourselves into a hotel room for a quick getaway now and then. Something about staying downtown seems so fancy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a good Christmas getaway. So romantic! P.s. I LOVE your houndstooth scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.