Apr 23, 2014

Easter Weekend


Ryan was away in Vegas for business this past week so it was definitely a treat when he arrived home for Easter weekend. It's funny, when you've lived together as long as we have now. Sometimes a little space to do things independently is a good thing. We're big believers in that actually. Nurturing our own individuality. We love how it keeps our marriage dynamic and interesting. Its fun being married to someone who cares deeply about growing and developing as a individual as well as your partner in life. In the same breath though, I sure miss him when he's gone. And I love that I feel that way. We've been together around 11 years now and married for 8. I think that's a healthy amount of time to say that I really love how much I miss him when he's gone. Time has only intensified my admiration and affection for him, and for that I feel so blessed.

We started our Easter Sunday with a walk around our neighbourhood. The river and the breathtaking forest put on their Easter best that spring morning as we welcomed the holiday weekend; our little family, happily reunited. 

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I always fall apart when I have to say goodbye to Matt, but am oddly refreshed by some time apart...because being reunited is so good! Plus, you need a little chance to miss someone once in a while. Good for the soul. I can't believe how long you two have been together! That is beautiful. You seem like newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet Carly! I'm happy it seems that way though, because that's definitely how I feel :) Hope you're doing well as you prepare for little baby boy! Thinking of you.

      Delete
  2. So good. Time apart is always so good, but then it's nice to realize that you're happy when your spouse returns. It's like - OH I really do love you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.