Mar 31, 2012

Kijiji Kronicles...

Ok. The second I typed that, I thought... Kardashians. Sad but true.  Everything K, and K alliterated, they've taken from us.

But that's another topic for another time. 

Right now I'm talking Kijiji Chronicles.  Here's the deal. I found this little coffee table on Kijiji for $15 last summer. Regretfully, I didn't take any pictures of it in its before state.  But essentially, it was a simple, cherry stained, wood coffee table.  I wasn't fond of the color but loved its lines. 

So, I decided to paint it!  The whole process was super simple.  I just sanded, primed, painted and distressed. Here she is being primed.


When it came to choosing a color, I decided to go with basic white. I've been so inspired by the many white-out furniture makeovers I've seen that I decided to try my hand at that method. This was my first attempt, and I think the painting process totally reclaimed this once dated piece.  


I scuffed the heck out of the legs, and corners of the table. I love the character it added to the piece.  And, now, every time I wack this poor little table with my vacuum and scratch or dent it, I don't feel bad.   Cute + Functional = Total Win.


The table itself has several dings and dents from its previous life.  And thats totally cool. It only makes my scratches and scuffs more believable. 


Now can I get a hallelujah for a coffee table that doesn't require coasters or TLC?! Go ahead... just slap a hot drink right up on top or a pair of tired feet that need some rest after a long day.  She's game.

Thats what I call a hard working, low maintenance, effortlessly and naturally beautiful little lady!


Hmm... I guess this post wasn't about the Kardashians at all, really.

P.S. No offense to the Kardashians.
P.P.S. I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't fallen into a Kardashian marathon black hole on the occasional Saturday.
P.P.P.S. I PVR Khloe & Lamar on the regular.
P.P.P.P.S. I might be in need of a Kardashian Kintervention.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a great job! What did u use for primer? I recently attempted to repaint a table, and it won't stop peeling! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anya,

      I used Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3. It's water based and worked really well. I also sealed the whole piece with Verathane in matte finish. So far no peeling. Hopefully this helps :)

      xo

      Carli

      Delete

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.